1. identifies, gathers and evaluates information
2. analyses, organises and synthesises information
3. selects and uses appropriate written, oral
and graphic forms to communicate information
4. analyses the impact of different perspectives
5. applies knowledge, understandings and skills
to demonstrate active and informed citizenship
| Who am I?
What do I do? -roles of the individual
Reciprocal nature of rights and responsibilities
What is work?
What is the purpose of work?
To enable people to:
- make money
- meet their needs
- fulfil their wants
- feel productive, (ie) give them a sense of accomplishment
- feel a sense of purpose
- give structure to their day
- feel fulfilled
feel a sense of worth, (ie)self
|Design a personal web page,
followed by a self reflection activity.
Role play with a structured scenario.
Collage showing images of different types of
Categorisation of collage images into:
Selection of one example from each category.
Prepare and conduct an interviews with people
working in the chosen work examples.
Ward C. 'Connexions - Work'
Smith, T. and Spencer, G. 'Discussions - Trade
No. 239 January 1993